Disclaimer: I received free entry to the Freedoms Run Half Marathon race as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
With race-day begin tomorrow, I thought I’d share my pre-race checklist for my typical half marathon race! This isn’t an all inclusive list, but it chock full of my “go-to” race essentials that help me power through race-day.
Pre-Race Check (Night Before):
I like to lay out my running outfit, seems silly but it serves two purposes. First, it helps me get all my gear out and accounted for and gives me a chance to snap a pic for social media. Second, it helps me mentally prepare for the race ahead. Seeing my clothes out solidifies the fact that the race is here and I need to be ready to go.
1. BibRave BOCO Gear Trucker, one of my favorite hats!
2. AfterShokz Trekz Air or Xtrainerz headsets! The Trekz Air headset are great for listening to tunes over Bluetooth when the weather is promising. The Xtrainerz are waterproof race ready for all weather conditions!
3. Garmin Forerunner 225, my trusty GPS watch that has yet to let me down!
4. GU Energy Gels, picked these up at the local running store for energy on the move!
5. Ultimate Direction Vest, my go-to active vest for toting all my gear.
6. SIS Energy Gels, a trusted gel for all high endurance energy needs!
7. BodyGlide, I mean, do I need to even explain? I run this everywhere.
8. Running Shorts, these vary in manufacture, but I like my New Balance, Adidas, and Brooks shorts.
9. BibRave Shirt!
10. Feetures Socks! My trusted socks for all uses, but most importantly for running!
11. Brooks Running Shoes, I alternate between my Brooks Ghost, Launch, and Glycerin pairs.
How do you prepare for race-day?