Disclaimer: I’m promoting the Rutgers Unite Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews!”
Are you looking to experience a Half Marathon like no other, and most importantly, looking to have fun? Look no further than the Rutgers Unite Half Marathon and 8K!
Now, I haven’t had the opportunity to run this Half Marathon, but from what I’ve read it’s “largest half marathons in New Jersey & offers you a beautiful scenic course on the campus of Rutgers University, New Brunswick.” And don’t fret, I’ll be following up this blog post with a post-race interview with fellow BibRave Pro, Lacey, you can catch her blog: Ten Minute Miles
Sign-up and save: Rutgers Half Marathon
If you are traveling to the New Brunswick, NJ area, you’ll want to know where to stay, and thanks to www.NewBrunswick.com we’ve got it covered.
- Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center is located furthest from the starting line and finish, however, offers more competitive rates. The hotel features a Rutgers University Shop to stock up on all your Rutgers gear! Complimentary guest recreation passes to their wellness centers featuring a pool, tech gym, spa, and various recreational courts. Find them HERE
- The Heldrich Hotel and Conference Center is slightly closer to the starting line than the Rutgers University Inn and slightly closer to the finish line but at a slightly higher rate. The hotel has it’s own Restaurant and Bar, room service, indoor pool, a spa (to treat your muscles after the race) and a health club. Find them HERE
- The Hyatt Regency New Brunswick is the closest of the three to the starting line and finish line, at a premium price. However, if you are going to be staying in the area for more than one evening, why not treat yourself. The Hyatt offers comfortable rooms, innovative dining, indoor pool and whirlpool, and gym. Find them HERE
After running the Half Marathon you’ve most likely worked up a real hunger. Don’t you worry, the Rutgers University area offers dozens of food choices suited to match your taste buds! Here is a list of some that caught my eyes!
- INC – a casual “New American” restaurant featuring a whiskey bar and multiple dining options. Incorporating all types of cuisines, ingredients and techniques dining here would be a unique experience. Find them HERE
- Veganized Foods – if you are like me and enjoy trying new things, and want to stick to your plant-based lifestyle, this restaurant offers modern interpretations of vegan cuisine. Find them HERE
- Delta’s Southern Cuisine and Cocktails – looking for something a little upscale and fancy? This polished casual restaurant features southern comfort foods and enriching dining experiences. Find them HERE
- Efes Mediterranean Grill – looking for a tasty solution for your hunger? Check our Efes Grill which features a plethora of Mediterranean cuisine in the heart of the New Brunswick school and business district. Find them HERE
Have you been to the Rutgers University Area? Have a local favorite hotspot? Be sure to share it below in the comments!